Acne scars begone!
Everyone wants to put their best face forward, but that can be hard when you have acne scars from past skin issues.
The Laser Facial will rejuvenate the cells in your skin, firm and plump the skin and work to naturally fade scars and even skin tone.
What Causes Acne?
There are many factors that contribute to blemishes and irritation, commonly called acne and unfortunately we cannot control all of them. Natural oils from the skin build up beneath the surface and then become infected. This creates blocked pores and leads to acne.
The blockage can be caused by:
- Dead skin cells
- A build up of make-up or creams
- Grease or oils (e.g. where a person works in a kitchen or car garage)
- Dust and dirt
Many people believe that foods such as chocolate or French fries will contribute to acne. While there’s no scientific support for these claims, there are certain risk factors for developing acne. These include:
- Hormonal changes caused by puberty or pregnancy
- Certain medications, such as certain birth control pills or corticosteroids
- A diet high in refined sugars or carbohydrates, such as bread and chips
- Having parents who had acne
Young people are most at risk for developing acne during puberty. During this time, your body undergoes drastic hormonal changes. These changes can trigger oil production, leading to an increased risk of acne. Hormonal acne related to puberty usually subsides or at least improves when you reach adulthood.